Hire our Headquarters for Parties and Social Events
Our Headquarters, Black Bull House, was a 19th century Inn located in the former mining village of Dipton in the picturesque Derwent Valley.
Across its three floors it comprises of two halls, toilets and shower, kitchen, reception room and office. It is a great venue for meetings, birthday parties and social gatherings.
Indoor Accommodation for Scouts and Guides
With three bedrooms sleeping a total of 26 in bunk beds, plus a double sofa bed, it also offers excellent affordable indoor accommodation for nights away events for groups of Scouts and Guides. Its location in the north west of County Durham offers easy access to the North Pennines AONB, City of Durham, Newcastle upon Tyne, Durham and Northumberland coasts and Hadrian’s Wall. Other nearby attractions include C2C cycle routes, lots of local walks, Beamish Open Air Museum, Corbridge Roman Fort and Derwentcote Steel Furnace.
- Fully centrally heated
- Two halls for games, activities & a wide variety of functions
- Tables & chairs to seat 70 persons
- Ladies, Gents toilet facilities and a shower
- Kitchen with large oven, fridge & microwave as well as plenty of crockery & cutlery
- Reception room/lounge
- Three bedrooms sleeping 10, 11 and 5 people. Additional 2 person sofa bed in the office
- Large grassed area to the rear of the building suitable for games and bouncy castles
Please note, due to the layout of the building and the need to use stairs it is not suitable for wheelchair access.